Aloha, fellow Geeks & Geekette's,

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by msraven, Oct 9, 2012.

1. msraven

msraven Private E-2

Since my computer caught a fatal virus, I've learned alot about troubleshooting. However, this one is way out of my league. I have 3 operating systems, so rebooting is a process.how do I delete the other 2? Also the new os has an error that my windows are not valid! It won't allow updates, no audio, will not let me download malware, etc. Is this fixable or am I looking at buying a new tower? Your input would be life saver as I have legal issues to deal with (6) cases & I NEED my computer. Thanks in advance.

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

To delete your extra OSs just click start and in the search bar type msconfig this will open a window (see photo) then click the tab "boot" this opens a second window (second photo) in there you should see the three OSs and all you need to do is click the OS you want to delete and it will turn blue then just underneath you can see a tab "delete" and the job is done (you can not delete the OS that is open on the PC.

Next you need to format the partitions that the OS you have deleted and your done.

Attached Files:

3. msraven

msraven Private E-2

WOW, you are awesome!!! And my newest best friend! Lol. Question? I see 5 boxes, /safeboot, /noguiboot, bootlog, /basevideo, /sos? I'm not sure what is what.

4. msraven

msraven Private E-2

O:k, I figured it out, but there is no delete tab.

5. msraven

msraven Private E-2

my box options are different,it does not have a delete button.

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

This part has me slightly baffled because if you had a key for the OS when you installed it the activation is automatic unless you have been using it in test mode for more than 30 days?
    Somewhere on the screen when you boot into this OS it should say "activate now" or "insert key" which in turn will activate it.

I am not accusing you of any wrongdoing but is this a genuine copy of windows and which one is it?

7. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Greetings and welcome Ms. Raven. :wave
    What are the 3 operating systems installed?

8. msraven

msraven Private E-2

Hi Bill, & Spock, sorry fell asleep :zzz at computer last nite , had to be in court this morn. I work with teenage runnaways. Yes, my windows are genuine, no offense taken. I think it is a virus as well? The other 2 os's...One of them is xp home, the other one is xp pro. but after doing the msconfig the window shows 4 os's(yipes):-o My window is much different than the window you attatched. (I tried to attatch my window but I was unable) How did you do that anyway:confused? But no delete button. Hey Thanks soooo much.

9. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

To attach a picture, just follow this thread.
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds