An Open Apology to Major Attitude

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by ShawnF, Jun 29, 2007.

1. ShawnF

ShawnF Private E-2

Major:

I apologize for any inconvenience and/or discord my prior thread about a virus resulted in. It was perceived as a vague accusation at Major Geek, which was not my intent.

In my own defense, I was vague because I was unsure whether I was in the correct forum. I anticipated being directed to another venue. Also, I wrote that I got virus alerts after downloading some programs. That is different from saying I downloaded the virus from MG.

For reference, I had downloaded: Google Earth, Advance Windows Care V2 Personal, Ad-Aware 2007, AVG 7.5, and Z-matrix. I've had Bit Defender loaded for some time, and it was that program that gave me the alerts.

I consider the matter resolved. While unfortunate, the degree of attention my post received, I take as a sign of a healthy and active forum board. Major Geek is a great resource and I appreciate your efforts.

Thank you,

ShawnF

2. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Hi and welcome to MGs :)

Takes a good man to apologise in my eyes. Id just like to say that this site is one of the only freeware download sites which I actually havent got a virus with a download from.

Anyway matey, hope to see you in the forums.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

i agree with wayne does take a good man to apologise. i have also downloaded a load of stuff from here and NEVER had a single problem..

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

the man who has never made a mistake has never learned anything.

welcom to the learning family[​IMG]

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Shawnf, cheers for the follow up, much apprieciated, I know the Major will comment when he's around next.

I suspect that its possible that as you had Bitdefender installed already and with downloading and installing AVG 7.5 another Antivirus its likely that the virus definitions from AVG tripped BitD off.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds