Another Hi and Another Newbie

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Whetta, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Whetta

Whetta Private E-2

Been lurking here off and off for a long time.;) Ran into a problem with my wireless and decided it was time to join so I can search. Have other problems too, but the search is good for now. When I can't figure it out, I definitely will post. Find the biggest problem that I have is that sometimes the explanations and/or solutions for problems are above my head. Not all though, some are easy enough for me to follow. Glad there are so many computer saavy people here.:)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Welcome lurker, good to have you onboard Whetta :)

3. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

Hope you will enjoy here "Whetta" :p

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Steve

5. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks ;)

6. beva

beva Private E-2

hi this is beva, I just joined in too. I have never been in any forum. How can I get some help with a problem with my computer?

7. DavidGP

Hi Beva, and welcome to the forum, all you need to do is to decide what area your problem related to is it Malware ( spyware and virus ), Software ( Windows or another software application error etc ), Hardware, Drivers etc ... then post in the specific forum for that question, but do have a read of the below link first too as infomation is key to assisting quickly...

Before You Post Asking For Help, Please Read This

8. beva

beva Private E-2

Thank you for your advise, halo
    my problem is with windows update, therefore I will post it in software, I guess?

9. DavidGP

Yes :)

Post as much info as you can about what happens when you try to update and if you recieve any error messages, please post them as written, they will help alot.

10. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Asking for help in a forum is much further than many people have even thought about,most just take it to the repair shop

Just say so and the explaination will be simplified as many times as it takes to get your computer sorted,,you'll find members are very patient,read through carefully and take one step at a time,theres no such thing as a newb on here :)

11. beva

beva Private E-2

hi rikky, would you tell me if you know,
    Is the software 'bigfix' offered thru major geeks, able to patch my xp pro with sp1 and sp2 like patches?

12. Whetta

Whetta Private E-2

Thank all of you for the welcome.:)

And thank you Rikky for saying that, it makes me feel real confident about getting help when I need it so I won't feel like such a newb.:cool:

13. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I'm not familiar with that software,SP1+2 are free downloads from microsoft,if validation is the problem the rules of the board dont allow discussion of how to bypass it

Sorry :)

14. beva

beva Private E-2

its all good and thank you for your reply, and have a happy 4th of july.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds