Another new member

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by carnageangels, Oct 12, 2008.

1. carnageangels

carnageangels Private E-2

Hi all. Ok never done the forum thing b4 and I hope someone can help? I have a new comp set up which has a Nvidia GF 7050 F -MV quad1333 mother board with pentium R duo core 3.4 cpu. with 4gb of ram running vista. A sata HD and a ATI x1650 graphics card. The problem is when Im in an online game the comp crashes and reboots. Its an old game which is run in low graphics which is command and conquer zero hour some 6 years old. I do not think its the video card because I have tried another video card and it does the same with the on board chip which is a top of the range graphics chip short of a good graphics card. There is only a 80gb sata HD besides. So I am thinking that either the power supply is insufficient or the cpu is overheating. If it is the power supply I guess I can change it but its a 450 watt supply and surely this is sufficient? if its the cpu overheating what can I do>? this did not happen when i incorrectly put the cpu fan cable on the system fan plug on the motherboard it ran 100 rpm more? Could I just leave that plugged in permanently? It does the same on xp and vista. what you guys think?

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Re: Test - new member

HI and welcome to majorgeeks :wave

I see you have posted in the hardware forum already so be patient and you'll soon have some answers ;)

Enjoy the forums
    Kes

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. domain

domain Private E-2

Hello carnageangels,
    Welcome to the major greek forums. Enjoy with your posts !

5. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

:wave and welcome to Major Geeks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds