Another Newbie

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Evenstephen1965, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Evenstephen1965

Evenstephen1965 Private E-2

Hello there. I am Stephen from Lincolnshire. my knowledge of computers is ok especially on the software and internet side but every now and again I come across something which I don't have much of a clue about so decided to join this forum.

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG, Evenstephen1965:wave We are glad you could join us. Just have a look around, and post whatever questions you have in the appropriate threads, like Software, or Hardware, etc. ;) I am sure you will get answers to whatever questions you have! :)

3. ShelaghRoyale

ShelaghRoyale Sergeant

:wave Welcome to MagorGeeks, Evenstephen1965 !

Shelagh :)

4. Evenstephen1965

Evenstephen1965 Private E-2

Thank you very much for the welcome. :) I've been working as Admin/IT Support for a local based charity in Lincoln for the last 11 years and have assisted in any IT related problems they have had although in most cases they were relatively straightforward. I've found out on Friday they are making me redundant in 4 weeks time so I'm spending some time with my girlfriend in Peterborough and looking for a job here instead.

It's a really good idea to join one of these forums because there seems to be a lot of helpful advice especially on here. I have apparently installed a copy of Antivirus XP 2010 on my laptop but there's a very good anti-malware program which I found out on here which I will transfer to my flash drive and I hope that will do the trick.

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    Good luck on your lappy. If you need assistance, we have the very best malware fighters right here. Just remember to not bump and be patient. (but you already knew that, didn't you?):-D:wave

6. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Welcome to MG :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds