Antimalware_Pro

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by laney, Dec 19, 2009.

1. laney

laney Private E-2

Hi,
    I downloaded the above but now have discovered that it is a rogue. What should I do? I've read that deleting it can set off some viruses. Can anyone help or give me some advice.

I'm new here so please bear with me while I learn how this works.:confused

all the best for Christmas and New Year
    Laney:wave

2. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Hi and welcome to MajorGeeks.
    I would suggest you go to the malware forums http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35 and do the Read & Run me First after you have followed Everything it says to do then start a thread telling what you said here and post all logs. If you should run into problems and can not run a program write down what the problem was and continue with the rest posting all logs you have and the problem if any, you had. Do Not double post as it will only delay you getting help.If you have new info or an update then tha twill be ok. Good luck and while you wait have a look around. You are in Very good hands in the malware forums. Enjoy.

BT

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG laney :wave Listen to Bigtrucks, she has good advice for you, and follow her instructions;)

4. ShelaghRoyale

ShelaghRoyale Sergeant

Welcome to Major Geeks laney :wave

Shelagh :)

5. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

welcome laney to MG'S from down under

6. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Welcome to MG Laney :wave don't worry you will get things fixed because we have the best malware fighters on the net in these forums ! ;)

7. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    You will get straightened out if you follow directions.
    ( Aussies. Getting a fair share of them.:-D):wave

8. laney

laney Private E-2

Hi, I'm Laney, and I did not post the above communications. If there are 2 of us then the Geeks has allowed us to both use the name 'Laney', which in my case is short for Elayne.

Could be confusing - I'm in Australia, don't know where the other "laney" is.

cheers.

9. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi laney

No, we do not allow two users to have the same username. The original post was made the day of registration.

Also, both of these posts are from Australia (and that is based on IP).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds