Antivir message: says I have old program

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by One Purpose, Oct 9, 2006.

1. One Purpose

One Purpose Private E-2

I have downloaded Antivir software for virus protection and after the save and download to hard drive I get a message: that says can't download becasue I have an older version that must be removed first. I must remove it from control panel. The problem is that I don't have it on my computer. ANy suggestions of what is going on???? Actually the message says incompatible version. I went to control panel and it is not there.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

What program did you download ???

What O.S do you have ???

3. One Purpose

One Purpose Private E-2

I was trying to download the free antivirus classic. My operating system is xp - windows. I have this downloaded on my other computer and no problem.
    Thanks

4. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Welcome to MG,

Are you already running any type of antivirus on your system? (whether it be the one in question or not)
    If so you will have to uninstall it, before you install the new...it is advisable that you run only one antivirus program at any one time otherwise your bound to have a conflict issue.
    I would recommend choosing and D/L your new AV from here at Majorgeeks!
    There are many excellent freeware choices and great advice, all at your fingertips!

Regards.....

5. One Purpose

One Purpose Private E-2

Right now I have the free AVG SOFTWARE. If you have another suggestion please I am open. I had been using Norton but their prices kept going up and it began to conflict with software that is a must have.

Thanks

6. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

The AVG free is good and offers excellent protection. It is recommended by many here at MG.
    Stay away from bloated, system controlling, NAV programs and the like.

My personal favourite.....
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Avast_Home_Edition_d1968.html

Anyway, we best end here now as we are in the wrong forum.
    If you require further advice, post a new thread in the software forum!

Good Luck......

7. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

And btw, Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds