Any One Know Of A Good Wifi App

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by Anon-469e6fb48c, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

I am looking for some thing.That let's me make calls over my wifi.On my android phone.

Been looking around but not sure on some of this stuff.

My Cell phone does not get good connection in the area i am in.

My android version is 6.0.1

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

DavidGP likes this.
  3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Whatsapp allows totally free voice calls when there is an internet connection.

DavidGP likes this.
  4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Both Skype and for me as aMicrosoft person WhatsApp is awesome, using it now on my new as of yesterday Android OS Sony XZ1 phone. Plus you can get a WhatsApp clone for Windows 10 PCs so make same calls messages via PC.

5. Anon-469e6fb48c

Ninefifty likes this.
  6. Eigen22

Eigen22 Private E-2

as the little newbie here, this is a conversation i'm interested in :)

i can perhaps give testimony of my own experience with Hangouts Dialer.

It's definitely better in my opinion than Skype or Whatsapp. The user experience is super fluid in terms of making your calls and I find it less clunky than Skype (which i don't use anymore).

If you're concerned about calling iPhone users, it's also possible if they have the iOS version of the app on their phone.

At my office we started using the overall hangouts environment more and more and it doesn't look like we're going to dial back anytime soon (no pun intended).

As a complement to Dialer, I'd also recommend using Google Meets for video conferencing, very robust as well.

If you need a quick how-to step on using Hangouts Dialer here it is http://vilaingeek.com/hangouts-dialer-app-android-wifi-telephone/

Hope my (very FIRST) major geeks feedback helps ;)

7. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Welcome to MajorGeeks.
    You've linked to a French website with no option to switch to English.

8. Eigen22

Eigen22 Private E-2

Sorry, je suis français o_O

Usually though if you use a chrome browser, Chrome gives you the option to translate the page. I use this for asian or spanish content for example.

9. TimW

1. Dial the Canadian or US phone number you want to call. I use WhatsApp to talk to my Daughter in Cape Town.

10. Geek_Justin

Geek_Justin Corporal

How good of a wifi signal do you need to use it?

11. Anon-469e6fb48c

Pretty good i never lose connection with wifi calling except when Isp goes down.

12. Geek_Justin

Geek_Justin Corporal

Might have to look into that. We use a AT&T hotspot to connect which usually gives us descent internet speeds but sometimes phones don't get good receptions. We have AT&T and Verizon phones.

13. TimW

The try WhatsApp.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds