apprehensive

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by debbychop, Dec 7, 2006.

1. debbychop

debbychop Private E-2

:confused: this is my very 1st time....what do I do?

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's. if you have a problem you would like help with start a thread in one of the forums. ie SOFTWARE/ HARDWARE/ WALWARE REMOVAL/ ECT. there is a lot of good people here that will help you out.

3. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Or of course if you have an answer just post a reply. :)

4. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

Welcme to MG. you should read the FAQ, has some useful stuf in there.

5. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks, you'll find out very easy what to do by exploring the site a bit.

6. debbychop

debbychop Private E-2

apparently, the xp product key code belonging to the burned copy of xp pro in my computer is "black listed". I have no idea what this means exactly and what the ramifications are of continuing with this. I can't affort a legal copy of xp pro. Anyone care to comment?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

Sadly not many options for you without purchasing a legal copy of XP Pro, you may find a cheap version going on eBay or you can buy at a slightly reduced rate from Microsoft direct or if you find a version cheaper on the net all you need it is the licence key, you just go here and fail validation and follow the options, enter the bought licence key download a small bit of software and run it and after a reboot your version is legal ( Actually I did it to a friends PC, as they were sold a hooky copy with a new PC from a computer show, COA label on side was win98 and they had WinXP installed, thought they were legal! )

FAQ on Windows Genuine Advantage
    http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en

and if you decide to run this route then click Validate Windows and fail the test and follow prompts.

Or continue as you are but you will be nagged but the WGA prompts and may not get all available downloads from microsoft, you will if you have Automatic Updates set to on get all security updates still.

Or if you upgraded from an older Windows version to this burned copyof XP revert to the older Legal Version of Windows.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds