Asus M2N68-LA Motherboard and PCI Realtek RTL8201N 10/100Mbps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by assult07, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. assult07

assult07 Private E-2

Hi,
    I just bought a brand new HP Pavillion 4400+ with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 with Dual Core processor. After I got rid of Vista, running Server2003 enterprise now, some stuff does not work any more
    such as
    PCI Simple Communications Controller
    PCI Device
    other PCI bridge Device
    SM Bus Controller

I am trying to find drivers now. My motherboard M2N68-LA and the PCI controller is from RealTek (PCI Realtek RTL8201N 10/100Mbps)

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

How can help me to find the right drivers to get everything running again?

Thanks for your support

Andy

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Well, I did some poking around and have bad news. The NVidia chipset has NO drivers for Windows Server 2003. NVidia doesn't have these drivers and if NVidia doesn't have 'em, nobody is going to have 'em. I think your only option is to dump the Server OS and go with XP or Vista.

3. assult07

assult07 Private E-2

I went back to XP, now I would just need the appropriate drivers
    I think I got the right one now for Nvidia Geforce 6150SE 430. Still looking for the following
    PCI Simple Communications Controller
    PCI Device
    other PCI bridge Device
    SM Bus Controller

Does anyone have an idea where to find that?

Thanks a lot

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

The first one is probably the sound driver. RealTek HD Audio http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_for_2KXP03_d4902.html
    The other two are part of your chipset software. NVidia 6150SE/nForce430 http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_8.26_11.09.html This should include the ethernet driver also.
    The PCI Communication Device is your dial-up modem. If you don't use it, you can leave it uninstalled and just remove the card from the PC. But if you do use it, or if you can't stand having a yellow ? in your device manager, here's the driver http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...softwareitem=pv-36739-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
    You didn't post the model of your HP; it's a Pavilion, but without the exact model number, it's hard to say if this modem driver will work. It probably will.

Good luck! I hope this helps!

5. assult07

assult07 Private E-2

Currently downloading. Will try in a minute and than we will see. Let u know if everything is working.
    My computer is a HP Pavillion a6400z

6. assult07

assult07 Private E-2

Awesome. Everything works. Great help. thanks for everything.

7. n0gga

n0gga Private E-2

Hi!

I just bought the HP m9162 with the same motherboard and chipset.
    But now, after converting to XP, i'm having trouble finding the drivers to the wireless card.

The other drivers here helped me with the LAN connection, but I have to get the Wireless up and running since the router is in first floor, and the computer in second.

Thanks.

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

nOgga- You have another thread going here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=158113 and I have posted a reply. Please do not hijack other threads as you will get less help and inaccurate help because people replying are replying to the original poster's thread, not yours. This thread is over 2 weeks old and the issue has been solved. Please stick to your original thread at the link I just posted.
    Thanks.

:major
    [dlb]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds