Aussie in Mex.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by carlos140, Apr 20, 2011.

1. carlos140

carlos140 Private E-2

Yea, another Aussie, living in good ol Mex. ok, newby, trying to learn, have already asked a qu about stupid dvd writer not reading my burnt avi files, hope I get a reply!
    Really into torrents, downloading.rolleyes

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

With you mentioning this I would just like to give you a heads up as Majorgeeks does not condone the illegal downloading of media be that movies, music, software etc so while Torrents and P2P is not illegal there are specific media that is, and we take a dim view of those that post about this activity.

3. carlos140

carlos140 Private E-2

Ok, no probs, sorryabout that. Delete my intro if you want, (I tried but couldn't figure out how), so apologies again. I can simply write another one. Sorry.

4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Hello and "Welcome to MajorGeeks", carlos140

To add to what DavidGP said -
    *You could also add downloading torrents as being potentially hazardous to your pc's health.

This is a good read: How to Protect yourself from malware!

ddr.m

5. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! :)
    (I am too)

6. carlos140

carlos140 Private E-2

Be Careful!! Downloading torrents is potentially hazardous to your pc's health.

I've had hard drives infested so badly I've had to clear them - twice! Best to buy original, guys!

7. carlos140

carlos140 Private E-2

Ok, here's a really silly question, how do I enable PM's? I've looked everywhere, can't find it. Point me in the right direction?

8. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, carlos140, and welcome aboard.

There is a minimum post count requirement for Private Messaging - I think it's 50.

9. carlos140

carlos140 Private E-2

Yes, thx. But how do I enable pm's? Mine's closed, do you know where I can open it? The board says to go to options, - can't find it.

10. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Options > Messaging & Notifications.

11. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

But as previously stated, it will only be available to you once you hit 50 posts. :major

12. carlos140

carlos140 Private E-2

Ok, Thanx.

13. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Welcome to MG from another Aussie in downtown Cairns, FNQ.:major

Hope you enjoy it and use it, as much as I have over 7 years.

Bazza

14. carlos140

carlos140 Private E-2

thanx, Bazza, never got up as far as Cairns, believe it's great. Used to teach in Chaleville and then Roma. Tx 4 the welcome!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds