Blu-ray codecs

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Tony_Scorpio, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Tony_Scorpio

Tony_Scorpio Private E-2

I've recently built a new computer. I have an Lg Blu-ray burner. I tried watching a blu-ray disc last night and it went through all the previews, but when it got to the menu to choose play. Nothing would highlight, couldn't get it to play the movie. I can play a differnet blu-ray just fine. I was told it could be a codec problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there somewhere I can download a free codec. If so...how will I know if it;s the codec for me?

2. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

:hyper Welcome to MajorGeeks forum,:wave
    You might have better results of some one helping you if you post in the Hardware forum.But in the mean time have a look around and check out the rest of the forum. Enjoy!

3. Tony_Scorpio

Tony_Scorpio Private E-2

that's cool thanks....next question...
    How do I go to that forum and post a message?
    I didn't see a button for new postings.
    Thanks again.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hardware

Go there and hit "New Thread" button, at top left

Also if you go to the board INDEX you can see all the various sections

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds