Can I ban Adobe from my computer?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by bobbydias, Jan 7, 2007.

1. bobbydias

bobbydias Private E-2

Adobe freezes my computer and demands that I delete the cookies on my computer when they try to send a message to StatCounter and RiteCounter not to count my clicking on one my websites(counting my just-checking clicks gives me a false idea of what my websites traffic really is). When Adobe did it to me I unplugged the computer and plugged it back in and quickly left a message that they were greedy b**tards and idiots for thinking that they could control my computer. That does not stop some websites from sneaking the Adobe Flash Player onto my computer. I check to see if any Adobe product is on my computer 2 or 3 times a day. Any ideas how to save me this work?confused

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

You can uninstall Adobe and install Foxit Reader.
    Go to Start>Control Panel>Add and Remove Programs
    Uninstall anything beginning with Adobe
    Now download and install Foxit Reader

3. bobbydias

bobbydias Private E-2

I do uninstall Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash
    Player, but everytime I get to some web sites they put another Adobe Flash Player in my computer. This morning I found 4 different Adobe Flash Players in the Macromedia folder in the Application Data folder on my hard drive. Today I put a shortcut on my desktop to the Applicatyion Data folder so I can click that to open and delete the new Macromedia folder with the new
    Adobe Flash Player or Adobe Flash Players. The Adobe Flash Player, not the Adobe Acrobat Reader, is the program that stops my computer when a program on my computer tries to communicate with someone on the internet.
    Some are blaming Microsoft for creating a patch that created this situation I have, but Adobe is the one that puts it in their own Adobe Flash Player program and Adobe will make more money because of the patch. Thanks for the reply.

4. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Im sorry, I think I misunderstood you. I thought Adobe Reader was giving you a problem.
    Try this.
    Uninstall Adobe Flash again.
    Download, install, and run CCleaner.
    Now redownload Flash and see if it works.

5. bobbydias

bobbydias Private E-2

Quote:
    Now redownload Flash and see if it works.[/QUOTE]

Me: It is Flash that is giving me trouble- the version with the Microsoft patch that tries to control cookies in a computer. I need to have MY kind of cookies on my computer- not what Adobe and Microsoft want. If I had an old version of Adobe Flash Player that did not have the Microsoft patch then maybe my kind of cookies would be able to contact their home web sites. Or maybe not because the last version or 2 of Adobe Flash Player would call for updates- then the patch would be installed or the whole new version.:wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds