Cant Post to the forums

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by franinlv, Nov 9, 2009.

1. franinlv

franinlv Private E-2

Tried posting my internet issues and none have shown up. Whats up with that.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

They may have been caught in moderation depending on what you posted....let me look and see. BRB ;)

3. TimW

Not finding it. What forum did you try posting into?

4. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome franinlv
    You may have done one of my tricks. While thinking you are clicking the "submit" you may have inadvertently clicked the "preview post" by mistake. I've done this on several occasions thinking I posted:-o. When I would click back later it wasn't there. The way I found out that I hit the preview button was to click the back button in the tool bar until I found my post still setting there waiting to be "Submitted". Just a thought as to what may have happen.

5. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG franinlv :wave Listen to bigtrucks, as bigtrucks HAS done that a few times LOL Heck, so have I..:-o Give it another whirl, and click the submit button.. Previews are nice, but they don't get posted unless you click submit. No, you are not the only one. Just one of many . I am sure you will get it sorted out.. Glad to have ya!;)

6. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

G'day franinlv teecee is right i know i have done that a few times myself .and a warm welcome to MG'S from down under

7. franinlv

franinlv Private E-2

I had copied, pasted and submitted, they were for Interent not working. I think I tried under both networking and software.

I even created the post in Word, copied and pasted it, as I was afraid, which happened a 2nd time that it did not post.

I do web publishing so I knew after I'd done my work in Word and saved it, which I can post again unless there is word/character limit.

8. TimW

Use notepad. :)

9. franinlv

franinlv Private E-2

Ok - here it is since the posting is working here. My ports are all registering - listening to 0.0.0.0.0 and not getting internet acces. Get to the http://mail.yahoo.com login, but when I try to go elsewhere screen goes to unable to connect. Not sure what happened, if it was something some in in family installed, or one of my cleanups on the system.

Any ideas.

Thanks for the welcome from a western american geek to my geek friends down under and elsewhere :)

10. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello franinlv, sounds weird for sure, because you can post here, and all your words are fine.. Not quite sure myself, where else have you tried to post? I'll take a look see, and see if I am seeing the same as you.. Might be worth a try, and if you haven't posted else-ware, try the Lounge, and put "TEST" in the subject line, and ve sure to click SUBMIT REPLY .. I'll take a peek at it.. :major

11. franinlv

franinlv Private E-2

software and networking in the last few weeks. Got the notepad versions to post a few minutes ago under software.

Thanks Mates.

12. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello franinlv, :wave I just checked your post in Software, and it is fine. I couldn't find anything in "networking" tho. The one is Software looks fine, and it is all very readable. Not even a spelling mistake..

I don't know why you would be seeing
    because I am not seeing that when I read your post. It looks fine. Maybe someone else would have an idea as to why you are seeing the
    and not the words... That is something very strange....:confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds