Comand and Conquer Generals

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by DJ13915, Dec 29, 2007.

1. DJ13915

DJ13915 Private E-2

Hi
    The only gift my son asked for was this game - but everytime he starts playing we get a serious error. No other information. Can anyone help me through this before I loose my mind!!!!:

My system
    Dell Computer 512MB - downloaded lastest direct X - Windows XP

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to MG

You need to post in the Games Forum http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

You'll have more chance of getting your question answered there.

What type of graphics card do you have? Have you tried updating the driver?

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..
    as laura said the games forum should be able to help you out..

4. DJ13915

DJ13915 Private E-2

Thank you -
    I am not sure what kind of driver I have - how do I tell? I will post my question in the game forum (or at least try) :)

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi DJ

To find your Graphic card type for your post in games forum, post the model and version of your DELL, and some other info I listed below.

or run this http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html ( Everest a free app ) and once installed it tells you loads about your PC, all they would need is the video adapter type so click Computer > Summary and post:

Model of DELL PC
    Your Windows Version ( know its XP ) but also Service Pack version
    Motherboard Name
    The Video Adpater make and model ( likely to be a name like Intel, ATI or NVIDIA )

Also if the error has any messages and numbers post those or at least discribe what happens.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds