Comments Section On Majorgeeks Not Appearing.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by mecanicogolf, Dec 7, 2021.

1. mecanicogolf

mecanicogolf Private E-2

I have just discovered today (12/7/2021) that all the comments in the section below on all the download pages have disappeared. I have tried different browsers (Firefox, Edge and Chrome) and the section is blank.
    I thought, at the beginning, that the browsers were blocking it as this has happened to me before. I checked and they seemed to be OK. Besides, all 3?
    Is this something that you have done for keeps or is this temporary? Maintenance maybe?

Anyway, hoping this is temporary.

mecanicogolf

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Are you referring to the download pages? IF not, what exactly is the section down below?

3. mecanicogolf

mecanicogolf Private E-2

Yes. It looks like ALL the download pages, "down below", means where the comments are. The comment section is blank on all of my browsers.

4. mecanicogolf

mecanicogolf Private E-2

In other words, I can not make any comments nor see comments made.

5. XoXgaming

XoXgaming Corporal

Check your ad blockers.I don't see ad's due to my blockers.

Are you talking about the main page

This below.

Screenshot 2021-12-08 052227.png

Or this section in red
    Screenshot 2021-12-08 052538.png

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I see this
    Comment Rules & Etiquette - We welcome all comments from our readers, but any comment section requires some moderation.
    MG_comments.jpg

Not every software title has comments. So far I've selected 8 different software downloads and none has any comments. I don't want to spend time hoping I will stumble across a comment by looking at a few hundred titles.
    I suspect comments are awaiting moderation and with only 3 or 4 people working on this and other chores to do, looking over comments is at the bottom of the list.

Your best bet is to post in the forum about some program you either like or dislike and link to the program on the download page.

Eldon likes this.
  7. mecanicogolf

mecanicogolf Private E-2

The
    It's the second screen shot. Right there, the red circle, is where comments go and I am seeing none. I will remove my ad blocker and see what happens but I believe I tried that already. I'll get back at you later.

8. mecanicogolf

mecanicogolf Private E-2

Without doing a thing on my end, and I mean nothing, the "comments" section have retured. So something had happened on your end.
    All is normal and I need not disable adblockers nor anything else. It just came back!
    Something on your end.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds