Computer crashed-Need Help Please

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by karlygirl, Aug 1, 2007.

1. karlygirl

karlygirl Private E-2

My Dell desktop started to make a "clinking" noise. I quickly ran the Back up Wizard and printed a back up log. I went to put in a CD and a message said it was not formatted and it closed down the back up program.
    The back up log shows the information was copied to the C drive.

My computer service man took it. He called and said he could not find any files and is afraid everything is gone. Although, he said there are other ways to find the files.

What else can be done? Thank you for your input. KG

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You're hard drive may have died. One way to find out, would be to put it in another PC.
    It's best to post this problem in a new thread in the Hardware forum, so that it will get more views and answers.
    Welcome to MG's, karlygirl

3. karlygirl

karlygirl Private E-2

Musksnipe,
    If it died does that mean all of the files are gone or can they be recovered?
    Thanks for answering my first question so quickly :).

I have to figure out this site before I can post my question in the right forum.

Thanks again, KG

4. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Here is the link to Hardware Forum
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

If you cannot post for any reason, come back here and you will get help :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds