computer problem

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by kasey22l, Jan 3, 2012.

1. kasey22l

kasey22l Private E-2

Hello majorgeeks,
    I have had a virus problem for about a month and came across a similar site as this. I have been working with a tech for about 3 weeks and getting a little frustrated. I understand that it's free service and am trying to have patients but I don't think that the tech that I am working with has much time to spend on this forum.It usally takes 2to3 days to get a response and when I finally get it, I get a 1 step direction when he could have given me 3 steps but because of the delay it takes a week+. Bottom line is, it seems like we are getting nowhere fast and would really like some else to take a look at my problems. I would be happy to share my thread to get you caught up to speed but don't want publish the site here (for I am not trying to bash anyone and do appreciate the fact that they are trying to help). Let me know what you think.

2. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Hi and Welcome.
    About the only I could tell you is pop on over to the malware forum and ask your questions and let our talented/experienced malware fighters help you out.
    Hope you get it resolved. :)
    Spock96 :major

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to Major Geeks.:)

All forums have different methods for removing malware. If you would like to get help from here, you will have to discontinue your help in the other forum as having two malware removal people helping you could possible damage your machine or at the very least waste one of the helpers' time.

You will also be required to perform all steps in our READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker).

After you have done that, you can then post your logs in the Malware Removal forum in a new thread to see if any manual removal instructions are required.

4. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Laura thank you for posting the read & Run me guide. My mistake for not doing so in the first place.

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Looks like you are in good hands in the Malware forum.

Good luck...hope you can get everything sorted. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds