computer wants to reboot, alot.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Raven9969, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Raven9969

Raven9969 Private E-2

I'm trying to fix my friends computer and its going poorly. First off, I can't access the hijackthis web site or the major geeks site, or any site that could be helpful and is known as useful (from his computer). The home page of sporting news, it will go to, and anything I google it finds (including the pages it won't let me visit). I can't install the latest java program (It uninstalls at java live) and I'm trying to do this while its trying to shut down.

I have been watching the task manager after boot and it goes crazy on the services. If I boot in safe mode, it works o.k. other than the fact that I'm in safe mode. In normal mode, it ends up telling me it's going to reboot in 60 seconds with "services status code 1073741819". I had a problem with it looking for "cpmrotata.dll" and I don't know if that was fixed or it just stopped showing up. Any help would be very much appreciated (Oh, geeks please save me), and I hope to hear from you soon.

Attached Files:

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's. wow you are having a bad day:eek:

first off run through the steps here.

READ & RUN ME FIRST

then start a new thread in the malware forum

MALWARE FORUM

and post the results of the scans in there. the malware guys here are the best. they will have you fixed up in no time.. good luck:major

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds