Confused where to ask about picture problems

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by yummymah, Nov 22, 2006.

1. yummymah

yummymah Private E-2

:confused: I have a digital camera and when I copy the photos on to my computer they save as jpeg files but when I try to upload them to different things like msn messenger and on to different sites it won't allow me to because you can only upload jpg images! Is there a way to convert these pictures into jpg images, possibly on the computer or when saving them to my computer or somehow change it from the camera? I'm not sure if this is a simple task or dumb question or just all around impossible but could someone please help? I'm usually pretty good a figuring these types of things out. Thanks everyone for your time! :D Janice

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Janice, welcome :)

Is your camera a HP by any chance? ( curious as I remember an issue with the jpeg files they save over general jpegs )

But to get around this you could try this............ while their are many softwares aroudn to do this, I'm using this one as I use it and you can batch convert and save multiple pictures to save time, also the steps are simple for me to recreate for you.

Download and install XnView

Once installed locate your pictures by clicking the Browser tab and down the left hand side you will see Hard Drive, CD/DVD and portable media locations, browse them until you find the location of your piccies and open that folder which is storing them, as in the pic below

[​IMG]

in the right had box that has all the pictures click your left mouse button and hold it and drag a box around all the pictures to highlight them, they will look liek the below pic with the text names highlighted ( top ones are not highlighted but the bottom set of images are )

[​IMG]

Then right click one of the pictures and choose from a long menu list Batch Convert as below

[​IMG]

Then choose in the dialogue box that pops up choose JPG - JPEG / JFIF in the opption next to Format from here you can also click the [...] button at the end of the Directory Option and choose a new location to save the pics ( which is advisable ) .. I just chose desktop for convienience, then click GO

[​IMG]

and they will convert and save to the new location as JPEG files that should be fine for you to email etc

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds