Day of the Tentacle

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mimsy, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

This game is hilarious! I can't believe it's been out for 17 years and I never played it! I got it installed on the laptop and up and running, and oh, wow... it is exactly my sense of humor, and now I finally understand why everyone giggles at the sight of purple tentacles. :-D

I got the CD for $2 off of eBay, and it might be one of the best game purchases I've made in a long time. Anyone who enjoys point-and-click adventure/puzzle games needs to play this.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Cool, I normally don't come in the games forum but that title got to me.:-D

3. Mimsy

It's extra cool because it's from 1993, and it plays flawlessly in Windows 7. :)

4. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Best game. Ever.

5. Mimsy

Actually, that would be Planescape:Torment, but it's definitely in the Top 5. ;)

6. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Planescape was missing one major component - humor! Imagine if you played as a tentacle in Planescape! Or if Hoagie was the antagonist?!

Funny, I had Planescape in my HD for years through quite a few upgrades. Through each I found myself restarting the game, but alas I never finished. Regardless, for me, Planescape is maybe not one of the best games I have played, but one of the memorable. I guess that is a new delineation; maybe not the best, but one of the most memorable.

7. Mimsy

That's like saying The Godfather or The Shining was missing a sense of humor... Either you didn't have the same sense of humor and you missed it, or if you couldn't see it to begin with it would have ruined the movie for you. ;)

8. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Have you played the Monkey Island series? I found them to be entertaining, but not to the extent of DOTT.

9. Mimsy

Not yet. I'm waiting for the next time Steam puts the whole series on sale on one of their mid-week madness deals. ;)

I'm also playing Teenagent right now. Absolutely hilarious! LOL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds