Deleting a post

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by fizkowie, Mar 2, 2014.

1. fizkowie

fizkowie Private First Class

Hi,

I've been here a while and have been helped by some awesome individuals but I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I posted a question in error and when I hovered over the "edit" button on the bottom of the post, it says "edit/delete" but I can find out how to delete it. Once I click on that button, the only option I have is to change the message. I tried erasing all the text but it said I need a least 4 characters. I also tried right clicking on the edit/delete but that doesn't give me an option to delete either. Thanks.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You need to give me a link to the post so I can edit it for you or delete it.

3. fizkowie

HI Tim,

It's just the most recent one in my posts under MG Tools. I posted a question to Kesterel but then I figured out what to do and tried to delete it. I couldn't so I erased it and when I couldn't do that - I just put in there to disregard.

There's noting in it, I guess you don't need to delete it - I was just wondering what I was missing as the button is for edit/delete and I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to delete it. So we can't actually delete something once we hit the "submit reply" button?

Thanks.

Tammy

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You can edit if too much time hasn't elapsed. But not to worry, Kestrel can deal with it.

5. fizkowie

Thank you Tim.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds