detecting computer tampering

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by FutureGeek, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FutureGeek

FutureGeek Private E-2

Can you tell if a computer has been dismantled and put back together by checking data on the computer? I have a Toshiba Satellite C665 and took it to a shop for virus removal and when I got it home noticed a screw missing from its place on the back panel. The shop has not informed me of any dismantling and when I check the event log (which I don't really understand) there appears to be over 24hrs of shut down period. I hope im just paranoid but I would just like to be sure.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to Major Geeks.:) I see you have another thread regarding this in the Hardware forum where it belongs, so I'm going to close this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds