Dio Cleaner

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by shanmu, Jan 11, 2008.

1. shanmu

shanmu Private E-2

Hi,

I'm new to this forum...

My machine was infected with dio cleaner, I used the steps in "READ & RUN ME FIRST Before Asking for Support" and was able to get rid of it.

I ran combofix.exe and it was gone. I didn't run the other things as it was already gone. Are the other ones are to protect the machine from future attacks?? :confused

Sorry if the question is naive.. am pretty new to these things...

Thanks,
    Shanmu

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

No the other scans and logs are to help in identifying any other malware that maybe on your PC, as malware generally comes in gropus, where you haev one you are likely to have some other infections too.

If you want to protect your PC ( and the best protection is safe surfing and only downloading from known good sources, this does not include p2p ) How to Protect yourself from malware!

but if you need more advice on what software to use for protection, do please start a new thread in the Software section.

3. shanmu

shanmu Private E-2

Hi Halo,

Thanks a lot for the information. I'll run the other scans too then and read the protecting malware page. It is good to know all this information.

Shanmu

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds