Downloading

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by fenderst, May 1, 2007.

1. fenderst

fenderst Private E-2

Hello all I am a new member, I recently got broadband and wanted to download larger files but it appears it is still not fast enough for extra large files as time runs out . What I was wondering, is it safe to dl from the internode link. I have never used those links. I have always used the majorgeeks links. Can anyone explain the difference in the links.
    Thank you.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

Yes internode is fine, but you may also want to get yourself a download manager which is able to resume the download if it times out, if I remember right this one works with Majorgeeks links ok http://www.majorgeeks.com/Download_Express_d449.html

The links are arranged in various loactions so you pick the closest to you, generally that will be the quickest, but its not always the case, I tend to use FL or EU links.

3. fenderst

fenderst Private E-2

Hello again I do use that dl manager and when I dl from a majorgeeks link like tex or florida, it will time out after a few hours and even the manager can not resume.
    Thats why I was asking about internode as I guess it is not supposed to expire like the other links and was wondering if those links were as secure as majorgeeks links, I guess they are a public server. Will I have the same problem with internode timing out.
    I just want to make sure I am dl the program I want, and It is not tampered with.
    I guess I am a little paranoid when dl programs from the internet.
    Thanks for your time.

4. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Internode are fine and we wouldnt use them here if not, basically its a mirror for our main servers, I have not had the need to use that one as yet as my broadband doesnt time out, may disconnect occasionally but no timeouts.

Try the DL manager I suggested as if I remember from last time I used it it was one of the only ones I found that resumed Majorgeeks downloads, doesnt hurt to try it?

6. JakeD

JakeD Corporal

Welcome to MGs!!! ;)

7. fenderst

fenderst Private E-2

Tried the dl manager and still same problem after about 1 hour and a half it stops and when I hit the resume button it says unable to load file HTTP 404-file not found. Will this do the same thing if I try the internode link?

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds