DynamicIP/StaticIP

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by whydoncha, Oct 16, 2007.

1. whydoncha

whydoncha Private E-2

Several months ago I joined a torrent club and one of the requirements was to change my Dynamic ip to a static Ip. Since then I quit the club since it took too much of my time and about a week ago I found that I can't log on to the internet anymore. Every time I try all I get is "acquiring network address" and then it jumps to limited or no connectivity. I remember the steps to change it to a static ip but like an idiot I never thought to write down the original settings somewhere. I tried calling my isp but they referred me to my router company. I don't know what the router company will be able to do since other computers on my network work fine. Any suggestions? Even a link for more info or tutorial would be greatly appreciated

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

3. whydoncha

whydoncha Private E-2

Sorry about that, will repost. Please chalk it up to first timer mistake. I did read the forum rules if you can believe me.

4. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Welcome to MG's!

Dont worry, we are all rather friendly and there are some of us that still have no clue (and we've been around for a while too LOL)

Plenty of info and very helpful folks.. stick around and you will learn alot, I sure have! :)

5. dyamond

I was actually referring to me and you but I didnt want to put names out there :D

6. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

We are not all crazy :D

7. dyamond

roflmao thats sure right but crazy in a good kinda way :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds