Even geeks get confused sometimes :)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Ticker, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Ticker

Ticker Private E-2

Just saying hello again to this forum. I was here before, and came back to search info I need. I think the site looks great, and the forums of course look pretty busy.
    I've been fighting with my comp for hours, and I think its won this round, but there's always tomorrow!
    Regards to all, Ticker

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

welcome to MG's ticker...

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Howdy ticker :wave

4. Ticker

Ticker Private E-2

Hello RIKKY, thanks for the greeting. Very nice of you. :)

Did you know that Intuit sold me a Quicken Suite, and it doesn't run on Win ME, so rather than return my money, they sent me an email telling me to run out and purchase WinXP, then the suite would run. They even suggested it twice in the email. I simply prefer ME, and I have no intention of buying XP.

Then at the end of the email... they ask me to fill out a survey on the quality of the service I've received. LOL... Once I can gather my wits.. I would love to fill out it out. :) hahahaha.. too too easy :)

5. Ticker

Ticker Private E-2

Hello to you also Wildwolf220. Nice to get a greeting :)

I'm not very informed on "forums" but, hopefully I'll learn as I go :) I notice some people have "status", based on how active they are, or something else?
    Since I'mma PRIVATE I'm so glad I dont have to peel any veggies :)

6. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Hate to be rude, but when you bought it you didn't look to see the os's it supports? The blame i would agree lies on you in this case, sorry but you gotta remember to check those things especially if its software your buying. For the record the reason support got dropped for it, is support was dropped for me as an os. Meaning no new security updates, herse a quip from the microsoft site":
    "End of support for Windows 98 and Windows Me

July 11, 2006 will bring a close to Extended Support for Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows Me as part of the Microsoft Lifecycle Policy. Microsoft will retire public and technical support, including security updates, by this date."

Intuit probably doesn't feel comfortable working a tax app on an os thats now consider insecure, or at least not getting any security updates/patches from Microsoft.

7. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds