Excited to be here!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by erkeljackson, Apr 27, 2011.

1. erkeljackson

erkeljackson Private E-2

Hey everybody,

My name is Kevin but you can all call me Erkeljackson or Erkel for short, it's a nickname I've had for a long time predating my early teens and it originated while I was growing up in Germany. I hope you are all doing well, I have just landed on this forum for the first time and I was astonished at the amount of late night activity here as I have been looking for a great and active forum for a while now and so far with no success, it seems good here from the little I have seen and I am quite excited to be here as it seems you guys get down to business while maintaining a good attitude towards one another.

A little about myself to break the ice would be that I am 19, I am a student at my local community college and also employed at Our Lady of Guadalupe School & Church in Hermosa Beach, California. I am majoring in Computer Science but I have a while to go as this is my first year in college, my passion for computers reaches far back in to my childhood playing command and conquer with my older brother and his buddies and taking apart old Windows 95 PC's. :-D These days I find myself a passionate enthusiast and I try to keep my computer up to date at all times when worth it, it takes a lot out of ones wallet these days but I do love having a great machine that runs extremely well and building it myself is one of the funnest things I have ever done. I re-wired the inside of my tower just yesterday and added a fourth screen to my arsenal as well!

I hope to be able to make some friends here and help out a fellow geek or so, have a great night everybody!

2. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Welcome to MajorGeeks, Erkel

I envy the background in pc's that you already have at your age! I'm sure that you will make plenty of friends and find lots of thread topics to participate in.

*I've upgraded the hardware on a few pc's but would really like to have the time (and the funds) to build a few "speed demons" from scratch, like some of the geeks here - with their 6 core/RAID arrays with SSD drives and such. :drool Still, I tweak "what I got"...

Have fun here,
    dr.m

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Erkel

Welcome to the forum and Computer Science, good stuff! but then thats all you really need the passion to want to learn and learn about the various parts of computing from hardware to software etc

What I would advise is whent you see a topic here that sparks your interest, then if you know alot about that particular subject then post away, if you dont know as much, take some time to read about that issue and even go so far if you can with your PC, add a Virtual PC and Windows version to test and play with. I have my main PC with Windows 7x64 but I also have Virtual PC 2007 with XP SP3, Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Ubuntu and Windows Home Server 2011 on just to test apps and play around with the OS, without fear of messing up my main instal of Windows.

Oh I'm one of those, dont have 6 cores yet but I do have SSDs in Raid0 with 3TB of spare HDD space.

But we deal with what we have to hand at the time, so welcome again :)

4. aatony

aatony Private E-2

Welcome aboard Kevin!

I look forward to seeing your posts. I'm sure I could learn much from you.

Love your enthusiasm!:-D

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

6. erkeljackson

erkeljackson Private E-2

Thank you all for the wonderful replies! :D I wish you all the best and see you around in the forums.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds