First Post Trophy?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by sanzan, Jun 19, 2016.

1. sanzan

sanzan Private E-2

Did all our previous posts and conversations get archived or otherwise go away since the new forum format? I've asked plenty of questions in the last several years, so this alert is odd?

Anyway, hello to all. I'm happy to be back and will be posting lots of questions now that I have technology to actually see the words on the screen! Been away due to loss of vision in one eye and many surgeries (my opthalmologist says I'm unlucky) and low-vision in the other. So grateful I can see this much!

MajorGeeks is one of the most helpful and giving groups of people on the web! I continue to be amazed at your patience with people who don't know a lot about this technology, yet who want to learn and may not even know the correct terminology to describe the issues. Thanks.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome back!!

3. Firestarter2003uk

Firestarter2003uk Private E-2

This is my third post of the day's welcome back

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi :)

We switched forum software a little while back, so when you posted on the new software it most likely considered it your first.

I find the trophy alerts annoying and turned mine off the first day. If you don't want to get them, you can just run your mouse over your name in the top right and click on Alert Preferences. You can go through the page and uncheck anything you don't want an alert for...including the trophy alerts at the bottom.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Welcome back and sorry to hear of your vision issues, the one thing we all fear loosing the most, unlucky is one way to put it and depends on the eye condition and how quickly its dealt with to a favourable outcome, but I bet your Ophthalmologist is observing you to protect the good eye.
    However if we can help in any way PC and computing wise we will attempt to do our best. All your previous posts and any members was transferred to the new forum software which as Laura mentioned is much more secure and robust, its different but I like the options it has.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds