Forum restrictions

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by DevGeek, Jul 9, 2009.

1. DevGeek

DevGeek Private E-2

Hello again,when i try to post in Malware Removal forum it gives me this message :

Code:
    DevGeek, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
       2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

How can i post there ?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You can start a malware thread if you are having malware issues. You can not post to anyone elses thread as only approved malware fighters can do that.

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Only can post in there with a problem, only authorized folks can post in there. You can post if you have new problem yourself.

EDIT: Meh, I should stop being a wannabe mod.:-D

4. DevGeek

DevGeek Private E-2

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

We appreciate your concern. But malware remove requires more than just one tool. Quite often the malware is imbedded in multiple files or folders, reg keys and browser helper items. That is why it takes properly trained helpers to do this service.

6. DevGeek

DevGeek Private E-2

Yup,its better someon to help him to remove the malware because he can learn something,but if he use removal tools they do all the job automatic :) Ok,i am sorry for spamming for stupid questions :) Greetings and keep up the great work ! You can delete or lock the thread.

7. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Not a stupid question. :)

Unfortunately, the reason the Malware forum is so busy is that most removal tools don't thoroughly get rid of the problem, therefore it just come right back. Most people are here because whatever their antivirus is, it doesn't completely fix the malware and the helpers go through logs to manually remove all traces.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds