Found virus in download

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by antons999, Jul 2, 2009.

1. antons999

antons999 Private E-2

Sequoia View download link caused Rising Antivirus to detect a DiabloKeys virus in my Firefox Cache. I couldn't figure out how to contact MajorGeeks directly so I decided to post here

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi welcome to forum

The link to contact the webmaster for downloads section is in the link here http://www.majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=2

I have just downloaded and run my personal av and works enterprise av on this and finds nothing, it's not uncommon for some av's to pick up some files as false positives, all of the downloads ate tested for malware and that application is a very popular one, and afaik we have not had any other comments about malware being in the DL, but will check so thanks for mentioning this.

3. RanchWhere

RanchWhere Private E-2

I ran into the same thing for the Sequoia Install package with Rising AV. I ignored the d/l warning, but could not get it to run the install. Rising didn't handle me telling it to ignore when firing up the install, kept throwing a file association error. So then I tried to disable Rising (only been using it for a few days at this point) from its tray icon. That requires entering a captcha. Thru a (quality) VNC console I couldn't get it to accept my input. So....I knew that I had Sequoia Portable on a thumb drive and was able to sneak past the Rising Dogs that way....if you're still needing to analyze your disks (like my one server that was down to 2 MB free on the OS partition!).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds