Fresh Fish, issues with Toshiba A300D

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by JSM_Jaxon, Jun 16, 2009.

1. JSM_Jaxon

JSM_Jaxon Private E-2

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but I'm not new to the amounts of issues that I've been having with my laptop.

I own a Toshiba Satellite A300D (was purchased roughly a year ago, runs on Vista Premium) and I am having some serious issues with it suddenly turning off on me (figured that it was from over-heating so I bought a cooling base fan... no help). BUT! that's just the tip of the iceberg.... more recently, during start up when I reboot my laptop, my comp takes like 30 mins to start up and when I finally get to Windows, Window is in some sort of "safe mode" looking theme and not the regular theme (Round start button at bottom left is the old school rectangle). To further complicate things, my control panel won't open when I click on it and now I can't get updates!

I've defrag'd, used WinASO Registry Optimizer, disk clean-up, deleted Norton360 (using Kaspersky now).... I've searched high and low on google.... I'm almost ready to smash this thing (well not really, but I'm sure somebody is feelin' me).

Can anybody help me with this? Any advice would be very very appreciated :). I'm just trying to DIY this problem and if all fails, I guess I'll have to take it in to get looked at :(

Please......... somebody throw me a bone!

Thanks in advance,

Jaxon

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  2. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome JSM Sorry to here of your situation. I to have a Toshiba and love it .
    You have come to the right place,but you would be better off posting in the software http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21 forums where you will get a quicker response. They will head you in the right direction. While you're here have a look around and enjoy the best forums.

3. JSM_Jaxon

JSM_Jaxon Private E-2

Thanks BigTrucks.

Do u think that I should copy'n'paste my way over there?

4. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

If it works for you, I don't see why not.

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

...a warm welcome to majorgeeks :)

7. JSM_Jaxon

JSM_Jaxon Private E-2

Thanks everyone for the welcome :)

8. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Hello, J. Welcome to MajorGeeks :wave
    You got a real good chance of resolving your probs here. Just stick with it and let the healers work their magic. There's a wealth of knowledge on the forums and friendly advice is always just a post away. Good luck. Hope you get where you want to be.

9. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome, JSM_Jaxon :wave, to the best place around. You are for sure in the right place! Glad to have ya, and have a look around while you are here.. Tons of information, and LOTS of fun! ;)

10. JSM_Jaxon

JSM_Jaxon Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds