Garg sez howdys

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Gargoyle2009, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Gargoyle2009

Gargoyle2009 Private E-2

Hi all,
    I'm only sorta new to Majorgeeks. I've been here before a few years ago. Love this site! Now I just got a refurbished laptop, and have a really basic question about hard drive space. When I uninstalled a trial version of Microsoft Office I didn't seem to regain any drive space. Does removing or uninstalling programs free space or not? Also I have Eraser on my desktop and that does seem to free up space.
    Question: do I gain any space uninstalling programs?
    2nd question: should I install Eraser on my laptop to regain hard drive memory?
    Thanks,
    Gargoyle

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

First off Welcome to Major Geeks.
    Not to sure if the trial version was already installed and working or if it was there waiting to be installed by you.
    Question 2 If Eraser Does indeed free up space you might as well, but there are alternatives. Revo Uninstaller or Absolute Uninstaller, both removes all traces of the removed program from your hard drive. Your hard drive does not have any memory to be regained, only space.

3. Gargoyle2009

Gargoyle2009 Private E-2

thank you for the reply. That helps. And yeah, I think it was just waiting and not installed. Ok, now I have another question, I want to have remote access to my desktop from my laptop. I'm running Vista Home Premium and it came with a remote access app but it seems to need a domain name from the desktop to connect. Do you know anything about this app or should just find another one here? Is there more info elsewhere in this forum?

4. Gargoyle2009

Gargoyle2009 Private E-2

wow. I just read further in the remote access program this laptop came with and it can't do what I want it to anyway. Any suggestions for a freeware or open source program that gives me remote access?

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Go to the bottom of the page. You might find something in the Network section here at Major Geeks.

6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Greetings :wave

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

8. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Gargoyle.... :cool thinks: wish I'd chosen that name....Damn! :wave Welcome to MGs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds