G'day, yes I'm an Aussie :-)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Lisandra, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Lisandra

Lisandra Private E-2

Hi everyone, I've often lurked on these forums, and found valuble information. Our computer crashed about a month ago, and we had the whole system upgraded. We're running windows xp service pack 3, and since we've had it back we've had constant error messages, with computer closing down. Not the stop error bluescreens of death, just that the computer closes down, starts up, with the message "The System has recovered from a serious error". The error log is different every time, but always includes bug check codes, and what appears to be something related to mini dump files. After we send report, we are directed to the microsoft page which gives instructions for bluescreen errors. I've done lots of googling of the error codes, and updated drivers etc, but to no avail. I'm not sure where this post should go. I've searched the forums, but none of the error codes exactly match ours. Help anyone??
    Cheers in advance.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

3. Lisandra

Lisandra Private E-2

Thanks Fred, I'll be watching that thread ;)

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

G Day from the UK :) welcome to Majorgeeks :major

5. Lisandra

Lisandra Private E-2

Thanks Kestrel :)

6. ShelaghRoyale

ShelaghRoyale Sergeant

[​IMG] to MajorGeeks Lisandra !

Shelagh :)

7. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Another AUSSIE!! OMG, they're taken the place over!
    Kidding, welcome[​IMG]

8. Lisandra

Lisandra Private E-2

Hi Peeps!! Cheers for the welcome.

brandypeppy-: I guess that says something for the quality of this site ;)

9. chookers

chookers Staff Sergeant

Hey, Lisandra!!

Another Aussie - good stuff! Yep, Brandypeppy, we're planning on taking over so watch out! :p

10. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

[​IMG] to MG forums ! :wave

11. Lisandra

Lisandra Private E-2

Hi rustyjack and chookers:wave. I'm going to chuck my pc out the window!!

12. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Welcome aboard MG Lisandra!

13. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Hey Lisa,

Before you chuck it, make sure there isn't one of those hilarious kookaburra's by your window!:-D

But seriously, why don't you start a thread in the software forum on your problems? Provide as much info as possible; OS, security software, error codes, recent installs, RAM, MOBO, etc. All you can think of along with detailed description of problems, I know some/much of which is here. You maybe surprised at the help you'll get!!:wave:wave

14. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

G'day and welcome to MG'S Lisandra great site with lots of help full people and plenty to learn.here's hoping you stay awhile.cheers mate.

15. Lisandra

Lisandra Private E-2

Thanks brandypeppy - oops think I the PC just hit a roo :-D.
    Hi iwunderdownunder, Yep, looking at the state of my PC, looks like I'll be in for the long haul, ......goes off to set up tent and sleeping bag.
    Cheers for the welcome BoredOutOfMyMind, and ShelaghRoyale:)

16. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG Lisandra:wave I am sure they will get you straightened out and up and running before you know it..;) If not, you will be directed where to go next. Hopefully, it will be a minor one, but one just never knows.. :confused Not to worry, tho, You are in good hands here.;)

If you end up in the Malware thread, do not worry. They are the best there is, and don't rush anyone, so don't worry if you have to wait.. When your turn comes, you will get their undivided attention too. ;) Best of Luck to ya. You are in good hands here.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds