Geekings !! and a bit about me ....

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Hon. Rev. JoWazzoo, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Hon. Rev. JoWazzoo

Hon. Rev. JoWazzoo Private E-2

My next (real) post is a real story. Really. And I need some bigtime help or it's gonna be ARF - Abort Retry(ed many times) Format.

About me:

Playing with computers since ~1967 (need an emoticon for scratching head oops there it is :confused) - first was IBM 360 (punch cards). Wanted to buy an Altair or Imsai but wife wouldn't let me so I divorced her. :-D. First real machines were Apple II & TRS-80 Model I (with cassette tape storage - kewl). Still have an original Compaq (trans)portable ser # 1615. (As well as an Apple III and a TRS-80 Model 16). Added 2 MB of RAM for 2 K $. Heh. Had to insert the freaking chips myself .... Used Lotus 1-2-3 from a single 360 K floppy and that was still faster than the bloatware of today. QQQQ Bill Gates - I hate your doggy, etc.

Have programed in Basic, C, Fortran, Lisp, Ada, Pascal, some assembler and machine language (a long time ago - Gack!!) and lots of dBase & FoxPro (tens of thousands of lines of code.). aside from FoxPro, pls don't ask about the other stuff as I have no brain cells remaining associated with that stuff.

Have been on the Internet since way b4 (~15 years) Al Gore discovered that he invented it (BAG - before Al Gore). Reformed spamfighter (from the good old days and a founding member of the Lumber Cartel (TINLC) Heh - helped to take down Spamford Wallass and Cyberpromo - the first major email spammers) and recovering net abuse person. (Among other things, helped the FBI to try to take down HipCrime after he helped to lunch all INet service in India. {Hi Robert = how ya doin - no doubt you are reading this. BTW, I still have fond thoughts of you, pls email me. ;).

Though I don't have a great deal of time, hope I can help out here some. Been lurking for some time. Have reviewed a bazillion "help/tech community" sites and this is hands-down one of the best.

And, yes, I am a real minister but damned if I can remember what denomination was. :-D

Cheers.

JoW

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Welcome aboard Hon. Rev. JoWazzoo. roflmao Can I call you Waz for short?:-D I remember those darn cards!:banghead Ya, it's good place to hang out.:)

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Hello and Welcome Reverand. Bout time someone came to give these people some religion. Been watching and lurking long time before I came in. Know what I read.:wave

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

a warm welcome to the forums :wave

5. Hon. Rev. JoWazzoo

Just for you I might give an exception ;) Don't call me late for dinner :)

I remember those darn cards!:banghead Ya, it's good place to hang out.:)[/QUOTE]

Darn cards??

6. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

8. Hon. Rev. JoWazzoo

I want thank you and the others for the warm welcome. Really.

This thanks goes to all those who replied. Responding to yours since you have the coolest avatar :)) Is that what you look like? Heh - looks like something from Star Trek (which I love).

See you and all the others on the boards - thanks!!

JoW

9. Hon. Rev. JoWazzoo

10. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

yep..that was me one morning pre caffeine :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds