Giant USB drive!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Sailor, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

This is the first thread I create so I decided to place it in the newbies' section.
    I heard that a guy from Greece built a USB flash at the size of a pen with capacity of.........5,3 TB!!!:eek: Is that possible? Can someone confirm, or disprove my info?

2. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Welcome online. IMO, it's possible, just impractical and not very likely at this time. In a few years they'll be common as dirt. Again, my opinion, no proof either way.

3. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

I did read an article in a magazine somewhere about how it would be the sort of thing that was standard in a couple of years.

4. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

About the time they start hitting that size hard disks will be fading fast, unless there is something wrong with the core flash drives. I am amazed how well hard drives have held up technology wise. Faster, more storage space, more durable, and physically smaller every year. The tech that replaces them will have to go a long way.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds