Good mornin' all...I had to wake up the birds this morning 4 some company...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Staghart, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Staghart

Staghart Private E-2

So hello to U all. Seems mightily active out here 2day, moreso than I've seen it b4 I'm thinking.

Ah, but alas...to the point--> A problem popped up (just about literally) just as I was going 2 check out of here. The circumstances & nature of it were these:

I saw a thread 4 jokes & thought I'd get a laff b4 a well deserved morning nap (been out here trying 2 learn this & that for a good long ssssspell (well, that's long) this night/morning.

Just as I was reading my first one I got an unfortunatee & rather cryptic message on my screen. I quickly pressed the "yes" box & it went away (Oh, I'll get 2 what it said in a sec). I read the joke & went on to the next one but the "plague" --well no it wasn't that bad, followed me there.

Unfortunately it was the kind of box where you can't copy & save the bad news message, but it went something like this,
    "A script is running on this page (?) and if you let it continue it will have/may have (?) the effect of slowing down your computer [sheet, I thinks to myself] do you want this script to continue to run? Yes. No. Well, guess what I answered. So with a "Nay!" from me the box disappears. "Ok" I thinks, "let's see if *this* little party keeps up. And, not to drag it out any more, it did.

Now I don't even know what a "script" is (outside of the theatrical sort.) Uhmm, sorry but totat tekky dum-dum I be, or damn near it.
    So, sorry for the waaayyy 2 long story. But can anyone tell me what the H**L was going on? My 'puter is about 6 generations behind the times...it doesn't *need* to get any slower, especially online out here for I live in the "sticks" & have no access to fiber optic phone service, cable...well, nothing.

But to end this tale, can someone tell me what was going on, how to avoid it in the future, & etc. *That* would be greatly appreciated.

So I will close with the hope that there dwells out here a good Samaritan who will pick my computer up from the road where I've thrown it...uh, figuratively of course...& offer some sustenance in the form of an answer even *I* can understand. Are U there? Will U cast a line to a drowning man? (Well, hell, it reallly isn't that bad is it...for here I be, squawkin' & a' talkin', & still walkin'.)

But anyhow, I'd be in your debt as knowledge is a powerful gift.
    Again, Good Morning 4 now. All of you have an Xlnt day & I hope to hear from one...or two of you soon.
    Take care.
    Staghart

PS Well, I "previewed" this post & damn it does go on doesn't it? Yet there it be & if I went back 2 change it, why heck, it would only grooww exponentially on me. Think I'm getting a little slap happy from lack of sleep, so I let it lie...(lay?) Whatever.
    Be well.

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds