got ripped off

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by secondchance12, Nov 12, 2008.

1. secondchance12

secondchance12 Private E-2

can anyone help... i bought a program from oibit co. couldn't install the key, so i asked for my money back, well the whole situation turned into a circus. avangate takes the credit car payment for oibit. now avangate is saying that they have to get permission from iobit for the refund, well i have e-mail both companies with detailed inf. of purchase. iobit doesn't have a contac no..what can i do???:confused these companies are quick to take your money but when it comes to a refund, well, you get the picture!!!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  2. secondchance12

sorry, it's spelled iobit, not oibit

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

What software was it? Have you asked them to give you another license key to fix the issue you have?

4. secondchance12

correction

the correct name for the company that ripped me off is iobit not oibit.. sorry... can anyone help me is to how i can get my money back???:(

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Threads merged - you only need one thread per subject :)

See my previous post with questions.

6. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

Welcome to MG:major if it the company I an thinking of “a MG editors choice” site
    http://www.iobit.com/index.html
    I have used only their freeware. I hope you can resolve this issue soon.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Lev's question is a great one as you purchased the software originally with intentions of using it as it served a purpose to you, it would be nice to see if their support can as mentioned issue you a new key for you to test.

If that doesnt resolve it, I'm afraid the call cost would be a fair few $$$s as they are based in China, info here on contact

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds