Great To Be On!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Allen777, Feb 24, 2016.

?

Do you like Disqus

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Allen777

Allen777 Private E-2

I have used Major Geeks for years. I make coffee trips, ya know, sip the cup and browse the site.

I am a U.S. Coast Guard veteran (4 years, Vietnam Era), have 3 kids, and my wife of 35 years has not kicked me (yet).

One thing I have had a problem with on MG is the Disqus comments software. I have tried multiple times to give input to software and such. However, Disqus does not accept my E-mail address or any password I try to use. I searched this out and it seems a problem with a great many people. I wonder if more people have been like me, wanting to participate in the greatest software site ever put together and yet not being able to actually sign up with the Disqus feature?

Now, that out of the way, I hope I can help by donating sometime. I am retired with very tight funds and just to have internet access means belt-tightening.

DavidGP likes this.
  2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi and welcome to MajorGeeks. :)
    And no, I haven't had a problem with Disqus.

3. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I registered with MG's and disqus with an "inbox.com" account and I can use disqus from any site where it's listed. The email is a free 5gig account and offers 'nickname' account. And you can have more than 1.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forum and great service you have given to your country in 4yrs and in hard tough times, but as to disqus no issues I have found but I tend not to use it, but I would suggest trying a different browser software and Firefox seems to work well for me on all sites, I do use a test version in Firefox Nightly but works really well, the new Microsoft Edge browser also works really good.

Allen I think you now as joined the forum side of the site you can give your opinions and help on the forum as that will be a superb discussion avenue, if you can donate and we just ask for time, time when you can to help others with their PC issues and that is worth its weight in gold.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds