Greetings from Japan

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by RyuSensei, Jul 28, 2007.

1. RyuSensei

RyuSensei Private E-2

Hello everyone,:wave

I just signed up and this is my offical greeting post.

I am an American who recently started working as an English teacher in Japan.

As for computers, I am working off of a used Fujitsu Lifebook that I bought at a second hand electronics shop after my US laptop decided that it was time to shuffle off the mortal coil. Getting used to a computer that doesn't speak English has taken a lot of getting used to. Not to mention the standard Japanese keyboard.

As I imagine many people have, I came to this sight searching for help with a problem. I don't know how polite this is, but I'm going to ask it here as I don't know if it is a software or hardware issue. Here Goes:

The audio on my machine (Fujitsu FMV-c8210) has died. in my divice manager, I have an "!" next to "Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver"

All attempts to fix this (remember, I can't read most of the text on my machineconfused) have either proven fruitless, or led me to Microsoft's update site where they run some sort of scan and tell me that there is nothing to update.

Please Help Me!

Thankyou,
    RyuSensei

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Welcome to MG's. Sounds like you have a failed driver update or install. That's what the ' ! '
    means. Start another thread in the Driver section. More people will see it there and you have a better chance for help.

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

4. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

Welcome aboard RyuSensei :)

5. KittenBits

KittenBits Guest

Greetings to you RyuSensei :wave

KittenBits

6. chipper_atmacneil

chipper_atmacneil Private First Class

Welcome to MajorGeeks! ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds