Groove.x32/ADW COULOMB ??

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by imfrustrated, Feb 1, 2010.

1. imfrustrated

imfrustrated Private E-2

I am trying a test post to see if I am doing it correctly. I need help with my pc and want to thank everyone at MajorGeeks in advance. I ran all the programs and have my logs ready to post. I just want to make sure I do it right so I don't get "yelled" at. :-o

What is Groove.x32 or ADW COULOMB? Either Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware or SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition (can't remember which one) found something on my computer. I did all the things you mentioned in the forums but still have problems. My computer crashes at various times, internet connection problems, all three browsers crash at various times, computer was slow at first but since doing all the things you mentioned, it does seem better in that respect. HELP, please. :cry Thank you.

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

Hello and welcome to the forums :wave If you want to clean your computer for anything bad with it you can go to malware section and do the "read and run" http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 after doing so you can post in the malware section of forums and post all your logs you got from the cleaning procedure. If you cant do all of the scans keep going through the rest of the cleaning procedure and tell them what happen when you attempted to download/scan with it. Also after you post it can take a few days before you get a reply so please dont bump your thread.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

You'll now as you have the logs, need to post a new thread in the Malware Forum area and attach the logs from the guide as requestion and the mawalre experts will be able to help you.

Both are likely malware as Microsofts Office App in Groove does not have a .x32 extention.

Do remember to attach the logs as per the instructions HERE

4. imfrustrated

imfrustrated Private E-2

Thank you, Silas. I did the "Read & Run Me First" list. I will post a new thread under Malware and attach my logs. Hope I am doing this right. Thanks again.

5. imfrustrated

imfrustrated Private E-2

Thank you, Halo. I appreciate your help. I will post and attach the logs in the Malware Forum area. Am I posting correctly so far? :confused

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes your doing fine.

Good luck with removing the malware and your in safe hands with the experts in our malware forum.

7. imfrustrated

imfrustrated Private E-2

Thank you again, Halo. I hope someone can figure this out for me.

I have another question. How do I attach my last log without bumping?? I have the MGlogs.zip to attach but since I already posted once, how do I do this?

8. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi :)

Just go ahead and respond with another post to include your last log. That's not considered bumping. :)

After you have attached all your logs, then you don't want to post again.

Good luck. :)

9. imfrustrated

imfrustrated Private E-2

Thank you so much for your help, LauraR. Would I just post as a new thread again?:-o Sorry if I am being repetitive, I just don't want to anger anyone.

10. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Not a problem - please make your next attachment in your original thread.

11. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Welcome to MG!
    Your caution is commendable but you'll find this is a pretty friendly community as long as one doesn't blatlantly violate the rules.
    Double posting to get your logs out there is normal.
    Then sit back and wait for one of the Malware Warriors to take up your cause, may take a couple to few days depending on their backlog.
    Follow instructions to a tee and be as detailed as you can in what isn't working right.
    You've found the best!
    [​IMG]

12. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Welcome to the forums imfrustrated :wave and don't worry your in safe hands here !

13. imfrustrated

imfrustrated Private E-2

Thanks for the warm welcome, BrandyPeppy. I appreciate the tips.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds