Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by Anon-fe04a256cf, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Anon-fe04a256cf

Anon-fe04a256cf Anonymized

My Android Tablet has a Mini USB Port.

I know if I get an Adaptor I can have it go to a Male USB cable that goes to my Hard Drive.

But can Android KitKat 4.4.4 save files and read from a Hard Drive?
    I hear people do things like this all the time.

Thanks.

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

It is called USB On The Go (OTG). It can if your tablet manufacturer included it. Check the manual, website or get hold of a USB OTG adapter and test it.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It is based more on the hardware vendor than the actual version of Android running on it.

My three android devices support OTG. An ASUS tablet that had KitKat on it; it now has Lollipop. Also My Samsung tablet, running Nougat and my Samsung phone running Marshmallow.

I simply put the micro end into the device and on the normal USB end I can put a powered USB hub (recommended if you have a large hd), a keyboard, mouse, USB stick and USB card reader.

If your device is a Samsung, chances are good that OTG is supported.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

All Android devices have a mini usb port - you simply couldn't charge it it didn't! Cables with a mini usb at one end and a standard size at the other are easy to get and often come with a smart phone or tablet automatically.
    You can easily move/backup/save files/data to and from ANY Android device and ANY Windows system without the need for any additional apps.

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

He wants to attach a USB drive to his tablet. That requires a USB OTG adapter. Not all Android devices ship with them, or even have USB OTG capability built in.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

7. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Only the oldest android devices don't have one and very few tablets don't. Biferi's question was simple
    Yes it can and with no special adapter or software. If their question was different, that's a different question

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds