Heeeellllppp!!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by retro_b_side, Oct 1, 2006.

1. retro_b_side

retro_b_side Private E-2

Hi! I'm new to this site and relatively limited when it comes to jargon so please bear with me!

I know I have a prob with my laptop - there seems to be a Trojan and malware - and am trying to go through the http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 thread before I trouble you guys too much. However I can't seem to download the GetRunKey.zip file from the bit where it says 'attached files' on http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83087.

I can download the XPHomeFix file on the same page fine, but when I download the GetRunKey.zip all I get is a 21kb "attachment.php" file and no zip file. Is there a newer link to this or am I going wrong somewhere. This prob has left me much like this... :eek:

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to MGs, retro :)

I have asked the Admins to move your thread to the Malware Forum, where you will have your problem answered by the MG Malware Fighters who specialize in this. Good luck!

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

4. retro_b_side

retro_b_side Private E-2

Hi, thanks guys! Feels daft that I should be stuck just because I can't download something! Was trying to keep going down the list in order, like it says, and I've just come to a grinding halt! Sorry for posting in wrong place, didn't know where to start. Thanks for getting me moved Lev

5. retro_b_side

retro_b_side Private E-2

Yippee! I think it was a Get Right problem. Disabled it, normal downloader kicks in, and it saw the zip file! Prob solved, for now! I'll come back and post in the malware forum if I get stuck in again. Cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds