Hello A Nubie Here

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Padge, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Padge

Padge Private E-2

Hey yall. Just joined Major Geeks. Pretty neat place you got here. I do have a problem. I recently went from ME to Win 2000 Pro and nothing seems to work.
    Sound card didn't, got an old card and some drivers and have lousy sound but have sound.Today I tried to write to a CD and find out I have no drivers for my CD -RW.It's a Sony. Whats the deal? Did I mess up by going to 2000? Nothing seems to work any more. I was told 2000 was very stable, well I guess so, if nothing works, nothing can go wrong can it? I'm sorry, now that I have vented I am in need of some ideas on what to do. By the way, Pleased to meet you.

Thanks so much
    Padge

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Welcome to Majorgeeks, Padge.
    Your best bet is to re-post your problem in the Software forum, where it will get more views and a quicker answer.
    First, what you will have to do is find out what devices are missing drivers and then post their make and model #s, so someone can tell you where to find the drivers. You will be able to find that info in the device manager.

3. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Hi Padge, good help in the support forums, good luck

4. Padge

Padge Private E-2

Wow!!That was fast! Thanks for your reply. I'll get the #'s and post them.
    Once again Thanks
    Padge

5. Padge

Padge Private E-2

Thanks
    Padge

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's..

7. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Hello and Welcome :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds