Hello again! Some directions for SSD and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Chairman Wood, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Chairman Wood

Chairman Wood Private E-2

I've been a user here for awhile. I stop in and get some great software and great help from time to time.

I'm in need of some help and I'm asking here so I can then direct my question to the right forum, FAQ or whatever.

I just purchased a new computer. Furthermore I purchased a Solid
    State Hard Drive with the intention of putting Windows 7 and other applications that I commonly use on there and non-everyday programs on the Hard Drive that came with the computer.

1. Is there a good link or can someone point me to the correct forum to ask about how I install the Solid State Drive and then re-install Windows 7 on there.

2. In the past when I bought new computers I followed the FAQ here about setting up a new computer and thus reformatting it. Unfortunately I have an Acer computer that didn't come with Windows 7 on a CD. How do I deal with this?

Advice on where to ask these questions would be much appreciated

Thank you!

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi...you would post a new thread in Hardware for advice on how to install the drive.
    You would post a new thread in Software for how to re-install Windows 7

You can put this question right in your post on how to re-install Windows 7. I will tell you that if you do not have a disc for this, you will be told you will need to purchase one as that is the only legal way of installing a windows OS if you don't already own one.

3. Chairman Wood

Chairman Wood Private E-2

Thank you!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds