Hello all

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by DLCFords, Oct 27, 2008.

1. DLCFords

DLCFords Private E-2

I feel fortunate to have stumbled into your forum. I am currently trying to recover my daughters computer from what appears to be viruses, maleware, and who knows what else. It has the blue screen warning me of spyware and lots of popups about spyware and security. Task manager has also been disabled.

I have started the read & run me first process on her PC. I have already installed and ran the SuperAntiSpyware. Unfortunately it told me I have too many problems for the free version. Afterward I was then unable to access the internet so I tried the "repairs" tab in SAS. Still no internet.

I intalled Spybot but was unable to run it because it couldn't access the internet.

I am currently running Malewarebytes with hopes that things will start looking up.

I will continue following the procedure and hope to be in contact with you again soon. If you can offer any suggestions in regard to the internet that would be great. It seems as though the IP adress is not renewing.

Thanks in advance for your help. This looks like a great resource for my troubles. :)
    DLCFords

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

A warm welcome to the forums :wave You can be rest assured you wound up at the right place ;) Continue on with the malware removal procedure running as much as you can, and then upload the logs the scans generate to a NEW post in the Malware Removal section of the forums.

If you still have issues connecting to the net on that computer you can hit the software forum.

best of luck
    Kes

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. DLCFords

DLCFords Private E-2

All the logs I was able to get are now posted in the malware forum.

Thanks!
    Dan

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

hi :wave one of us will get to you as soon as possible but we do work threads oldest > newest so please do be patient and bear with us

Thanks
    Kes13!

6. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

:wave and welcome to Major Geeks! :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds