Hello All

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by redford, Nov 30, 2009.

1. redford

redford Private E-2

Thanks for the welcome. My first question is after installing Super Anti Spyware, Malware Bytes, Root Repeal, MG Tools, and Combo Fix to remove fake antivirus software, and completly run them, should I uninstall them to save space?

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Welcome to MG redford :wave

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG,redford:wave As far as un-installing them, you can always ask one of the Malware guys if you should keep it or save it.. They would be the ones to ask that question, as that is their expertise.... They will advise you as to what to save, what to keep, and what to remove.. ;)

4. r2d2c3po

r2d2c3po Private E-2

google links redirect problem

How do I ask for help overcoming the google links redirect problem? I have seen it discussed on your pages. Thanks

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Welcome, follow the steps in the 'Read & Run me' sticky in malware forums if you haven't already and post your results in same forum. Often just running through the procedure gets rid of the crap. Good luck.

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    I would definitely keep SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes. Keep them updated and run on a regular basis.
    May keep you from posting in the Malware forums.

7. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

G'day redford and welcome to MG'S from down under malware bytes and super antispyware are a definite must keep they can always be useful.

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

9. r2d2c3po

r2d2c3po Private E-2

Thanks to Major Geeks

augiedoggie's suggestion to solve my redirected Google links problem was right-on. The combofix app found an infected copy of the atapi.sys file. Sure feels good to feel good again! Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds