hello all

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Droewa, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Droewa

Droewa Private E-2

hello everyone,
    im not a total noob when it comes to pc's most times i can find the problem by google and hours of reading combined with trial and error. however i have recently encountered a real doosey.. I thought before i go posting "OMGWTFHELP" in some section i would stop here, say "hi" and see what is the proper edequite for starting a thread about a problem. what info i should have off the bat and anything else i may need.

thanks in advance
    Dro

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi Droewa and welcome to MGs.

Depending on what your comp is doing just pick the relevant forum for your problem - Software, Hardware, Drivers, etc. If it needs to be moved then a moderator will do that if appropriate.
    As to information, depending on the problem, you should at least give the manufacturer and model number of the comp or if custom, a run down of the major build parts. Also, what operating system and service pack level and is it all up to date. If you have any logs or spec information, please attach these rather than posting them in-line as it keeps the forum overhead down.
    Finally, any error messages you have received indicating problems or what symptoms are you experiencing.
    If you have done any trouble shooting, list what you tried and what the results were.

The more information you can give upfront, can possibly narrow down the areas that need to be looked at for the experienced members here.
    There are a bunch of good peeps here and several MVPs so you have a very good chance of solving this.

Good Luck

3. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Welcome to MajorGeeks.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

5. Droewa

Droewa Private E-2

right on guys, thanks for the info and the welcome. Ima get to reading then so i can get this solved.

6. Aussielondon

Aussielondon Private E-2

Hello to all! I`m Aussielondon and i am new to all this!

7. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's aussielondon. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds