Hello and Help ... Please

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by mclean22, Nov 20, 2006.

1. mclean22

mclean22 Private E-2

:confused: I'm new to this site and I'm not sure how to get the help that I need ... I have two major issues that need to be resolved. The first one is on my own computer the browsers ( both mozilla and IE ) keep crashing. Not sure what the hell to do there.......the second one is with my mom's puter... here computer can't detect the master or the slave.... just recently my sister and her geek husband took out the old cd rom and put in a cd burner and it would not recognize the master and slave after that....then come to find out that they had the wires in wrong and they fixed them... switched it around and then brought it back .... we were able to get on it but only for a minute before it froze up and now it won't load windows ... it won't detect the master or the slave.... come someone please help me ... for the love of GOD and all the Saints..... Thank you for your time .... Bunny

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's ......would be best to seperate the two issues ....post the internet issue in software and the hard drive in hardware ....:)

3. mclean22

mclean22 Private E-2

Thanks that does help ... will do ... still new to the idea of a forum .... not sure even how to fix my own profile ... LOL ... that's life... live and learn... thanks Tim... Bunny

4. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Well firstly "Hello". :)

Ok then when your browser crashes does it give any error messages (BSODs) or does it just hang? The fact that they both do it makes me think a shraed file may be the problem - a DLL I woul initially think.

Have you run a virus checker recently? And have you gone through the suggestions posted at the start of the Malwrae Removal forum? Do so if you haven't then we will know where we stand.

As for the second problem.... Does the PC boot OK if you disconect the CD burner? What other devices do you have attached to the IDE cables if any?

5. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

@ TimW - damn it stop being so quick in replying - us slow typists don't have a chance!!! :mad:

6. mclean22

mclean22 Private E-2

Sorry bout that ... a little anxious is all ...

7. TimW

Yarwel's comment was to me ...not you, bunny ...you're fine ....go ahead and post each in the appropriate sections and we'll all try to help you out.:)

8. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Not you Bunny that 1 year old reprobate TimW :) :)

9. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

God-damn it he's done it again!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :)

10. TimW

:p :p :p :p :p :cool:

11. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

The big boss must be around here so let's just stick to the pc convertation.

12. TimW

The designations are not based on brain cells ( thank goodness!!), it's based on the number of posts. :)

13. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

or maybe the odd input from the Admins of the forum in giving custom titles for those that help ( get nice cute and cuddly titles ) or annoy ( these tend not to be nice or wanted ) :)

14. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds