Hello and question

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by swvr, Mar 4, 2009.

1. swvr

swvr Private E-2

Hi all! I've just completed the malware removal process for Yoog - thanks for those easy to follow instructions! - and the problem is probably solved but I'm a little confused about what to do now. I removed 3 spyware programs, which I noticed while using "add or remove softare" and I deleted a dll file located by Super Anti-spyware. None of the other scans turned up anything. This didn't solve the problem, but then I uninstalled Firefox and IE and re-installed them, and now everything seems fine.

My question is: should I go ahead and do a toggle system restore (or whatever?) I've read on other sites that Yoog often reappears a few days after a reinstall, meaning that the problem might not really be solved. So would it be a good idea to go ahead back to the earlier point, or should I wait to see if the problem is really solved?

Thanks so much, and sorry if this is a totally obvious q or answered somewhere else already...

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

If you go ahead and attach the requested logs in a thread you start in the malware removal forum, one of us can check thru and see if any nasties remain.

Welcome to majorgeeks :wave
    kes

Oh..and don't toggle system restore until you know you are clean because a dirty restore point is always better than none at all :)

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to MGs :)

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds